Well it's been a while since an update but we've had quite the busy summer so I'm going to post several different topics in one long ass posting. We had just started our bathroom remodel and that is progressing quickly again. Took a break when Sandy & gang were here. Barely finished the tile and setting the tub before they arrived (about 20 minutes to be exact!) Our first problem was a big tub and small doorway.



The Hawaiin's at Altitude!
Sandy, Darin, Montana, Leilani and Hiilani all made the pilgrimage to the Mile High City and we had a blast. A brief rundown of festivities including a family dinner: Us, Butch & Cakes, Pat, Greg & Jen & Matt, Dan & Jan & Kayleigh (sp?), Sue, Bessie, and Dong and Faith (not family but always welcomed as such!) Did I miss anyone - the night became blurry? Some highlights:
Trail Ridge Road & Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park - altitude is not good for sea level dwellers that have the flu and pregnant - am I right Sandy!?!?!
Toured Mile High Stadium

Did a tour of Coors, went to the base of Winter Park to ride the alpine slide but it was lightening, ate a ton and drank even more. It was a good time as it always is with Sandy & Darin and getting together with family!
Softball is over and Karate is still going strong. Didn't place in a June Tourney but took 2nd in July. Just tested for and passed to earn her red belt. Three belts (3rd, 2nd, and 1st degree brown) and some very intense training stand between her and a black belt!!
Garden is progressing nicely. We've been eating greens (chard, collard, beets) as well as kohlrabi, beets, various herbs, cucumbers and squash. The tomatoes are there, we're just waiting for them to ripen.
We are off to Vegas on Thursday for a Karate Tourney/Vacation. Last getaway before work starts back up. I go back the 15th & Jax the 22nd. So another summer almost over, but a good one no doubt!


1 comment:
wow claw foot tub....glad the renovations continue without tooo much trouble. I wish I could be in the "shallow air state"
Post a Comment