
Well, Jax competed in her 1st Karate Tournament today and we couldn't be prouder. She competed in traditional forms with the Tsunami form and in sparring. Her sparring field was all boys (9 yr. olds) and she towered over all of them. She fought 3 bouts and brought home a 4th place trophy (10 competitors in all.) In forms she received honorable mention (she got a medal for that.) She is ready for the next one now. We weren't sure if she would want to proceed but she is gung ho. She carried that trophy around with a grip that could advertise for Super Glue with! I managed
to get all (but the end) of her form and the first few points of her 1st round of sparring before I lost battery in the camcorder. Yes I did plan ahead but we had power outage as the camcorder was charging this morning. But you can get the jest of it from this. Although we are proud of her trophies from soccer and softball, every kid got one of those for showing up and playing. This one she earned on her own and I think she sees the significance in that. Anyhow, enough from me about that. Enjoy your week. Hopefully no more power outages when it's below zero - kind of a bummer that way. See ya!
1 comment:
Wow Jackie....We are all very impressed and proud of you. I certainly hope you are proud of yourself (You should be)! We Love you very Much Aunty Kris, Uncle Boris , Tory and Kaiya
Post a Comment